1. DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATIONS:
"End-User" or "you" or "your" shall mean the meaning assigned under the array of Parties above.
"Site" or "we" or "our" shall have the meaning assigned under the array of Parties above.
- (b) The expression "this Clause" shall, unless followed by a reference to a specific provision, be deemed to refer to the whole Clause (not merely the sub-clause, paragraph or other provision) in which the expression occurs.
- (e) Words importing the singular include the plural and vice versa, and pronouns importing a gender include each of the masculine, feminine and neuter genders.
- (g) Time periods within or following which any payment is to be made or act is to be done shall be calculated by excluding the day on which the period commences and including the day on which the period ends and by extending the period to the following business day if the last day of such period is not a business day.
- (h) Where a word or phrase is defined, other parts of speech and grammatical forms and the cognate variations of that word or phrase shall have corresponding meanings.
- (i) Where a word or phrase is defined, other parts of speech and grammatical forms and the cognate variations of that word or phrase shall have corresponding meanings.
2. SCOPE OF APPLICABILITY:
3. NATURE OF END-USER'S DATA:
When the End-User makes a reservation through the Site, the End-User will be asked the required information:
- (a) Profiling Information: Information, which you provide when you subscribe or register for a Service. Information about your identity, including but not limiting to, your name/guest name, nationality, gender, marital status, age, your email address, product details and particulars thereof (if any);
- (b) Your financial information, such as your banking details and any information relating to your income;
- (c) Your contact details such as your physical addresses, postal addresses, telephone and fax numbers and the like;
- (d) Payment and Account Information: Your account history with us including (without limitation) all billing information and communications, payment history etc;
- (e) Service Usage: Information about your navigation using our Services;
- (f) Transactional Information: Transactional history (other than banking details) about your orders;
- (g) Correspondence Information: Content, information about your correspondents, and the destination/origin of communications between you and any other person using our Services, which include email communications, blog, chat room and discussion board communications, instant message communications, experts forum communications, fax mail communications, membership of mailing lists etc. as applicable;
- (h) User IDs: Your usernames, passwords, email addresses and other security-related information used by you in relation to our Services; and
- (i) Stored Information: Data either created by you or by a third party and which you wish to store on our servers such as image files, documents etc.
(Collectively, the above end-user's data along with the 'Targeting Data (defined below)' shall be hereinafter referred to as the "End-User's Data")
4. PURPOSE OF END-USER'S DATA:
First and foremost, we use the End-User's Data to complete and administer your online bookings placed on the Site.
4.2. Account Administration:
We offer a user account facility on our Site. We use the information you give us to administer this, allowing you to manage your bookings, take advantage of special offers, make future bookings more easily and manage your personal settings. Managing personal settings allows you to see orders that you have booked before.
4.3. Marketing Activities
We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by applicable laws, such as the following:
- (a) When you make a booking from the Site or set up a user account, we may use your contact information to send you news about similar offers and properties. We also send our End-Users regular newsletters by email. You can opt-out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communication at any time through this link mentioned in the respective email sent to you.
- (b) Based on the information you share with us, individualized offers may be shown to you on the Site, in mobile apps or on third-party applications, including social media applications.
- (c) When we believe that a particular offer may be of interest to you, we may decide to make contact with you by phone given at the time of making the bookings through the Site.
4.4. Other Communications
There may be other times when we get in touch by email, by post, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this, such as the following:
- (a) We may need to respond to and handle orders you have booked.
- (b) If you have not finalized a booking, we may email you a reminder to continue with your booking. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a transaction without having to search for the booking again or fill in all the required details from scratch.
- (c) When you use our Services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review of your experience with the Site.
- (d) We may also send you other material related to your transaction, such as how to contact the Site, if you need assistance while you are away, or a summary of previous bookings you made using the Site.
4.5. Market Research:
We sometimes ask our users to take part in market research. Any additional details that you give us as part of the market research will only be used with your consent.
4.6. Fraud Detection and Prevention:
We may use the End-User's Data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities or disclose the End-User's Data if required as per the applicable laws.
4.7. Improving Our Services:
Finally, we use the End-User's Data for analytical purposes, to improve our services, enhance the user experience, and improve the functionality and quality of our Services.
4.8. Third-party Service providers:
We may use third-party service providers to process the End-User's Data on our behalf for the purposes specified above. To further elaborate in this regard, we may instruct third parties to contact you. When a purchase requires it, we may also work with third-party payment service providers to facilitate payment or payment guarantees. We also work with third-party advertisement networks to market our services on other platforms, or involve third-party providers for analytical purposes. These third parties involved in any of these services will be bound by confidentiality agreements and will not be allowed to use the End-User's Data for any purposes other than those specified herein.
4.9. Competent Authorities:
We may share information with our business partner, for example, as part of the administration of your account, in order to manage your purchase, so that they can address queries related to your transaction and for marketing purposes. In this context, your information is governed by the privacy policies of the respective business partners.
5. END-USER'S DATA SECURITY SAFEGUARDS:
5.1. Reasonable measures:
In accordance with the applicable laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access and the misuse of the End-User's Data.
5.2. Authorized access:
We use appropriate industrial practices and procedures to protect and safeguard the End-User Data you share with us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the End-Users on our Site. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access End-Users in the course of their work
5.3. Prohibitions on Children:
The Services offered on the Site are not directed at children under 18 years old. The use of any of our Services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian in such case. If we receive information from a child under 18 years old, we reserve the right to cancel such order without any intimation to you.
You always have the right to review the End-User's Data we keep about you. You can request an overview of your End-User's Data by emailing us at email@example.com. In the email, please write "Request For End-User's Data" in the subject line of your email and include a copy of your identity card to help us prevent unauthorized individuals from accessing the End-User's Data. If the End-User's Data we have for you is incorrect, we will update it at your request. You can also ask us to remove your End-User's Data from our customer database by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by sending an email with the subject line "Request for removal of End-User's Data". However, we may need to retain certain information, for example, for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping or to detect fraudulent activities. You can delete your user account from the Site at any time.
6. AMENDMENT / MODIFICATIONS:
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
8.1 Electronic Communication:
The Parties acknowledge and accept that electronic format shall be deemed an acceptable means of communication for the purposes of this Private Policy.
8.2 Entire Agreement: